Once you have finished doing all the necessary things like permits, designs, and even the looking out for contractors like roofing contractors in Royal Oak Michigan to accomplish your house. Here are the next phases that you need to undergo in order to finish your place.
Demolition and Structural Carpentry
Demolishing and disposing of parts of the house that will be replaced by later projects.After demolishing all those parts that needed to be replaced then you can get through those structural carpentry work. Carpentry is in support of other work such as drywall, new or moved walls, windows, doors, etc.
- Rent a large container for waste. So that once the demolishing starts, everything goes to the container and heads off to the dump.
- Carefully demolish all or some of the areas of the house that will be renovated. Demolish as much as possible if you will not be living in the house.
- Exercise caution when demolishing surfaces coated with lead-based paint. Be careful always on dealing with lead-based paint coated surfaces because they might cause hazardous incidents.
- Moving walls.
- Constructing new walls.
- Significantly enlarging window openings. You should be precise on where these openings will be and how big and what shape they will be for no errors.
- Adding beams to support a greater weight upstairs. Adding beams acts as additional foundation so that your house will not collapse while under reconstruction.
- Punching in new doors (or removing existing doors). Placing holes on places where you want to put the doors and replacing those doors that are already broken or rusted.
- Adding new construction windows. Here you can already place in those fancy windows that you like to have.
HVAC Ductwork, Electrical, Plumbing, and Insulation
Vital services that need to be installed when the walls and ceiling are open. While the walls and ceilings are still open, these are the things that need to get going before laying insulation in the walls and ceiling.
- With the walls and ceiling open, it is time for the HVAC company to install ductwork for central heating and air conditioning.
- Run new electrical and plumbing systems. Electrical and plumbing inspectors will visit at this time, too.
- Install fiberglass insulation in the walls and attic.
- Insulation goes fast, so make sure that your drywall company is ready to go soon after this.